The High School Volunteer Program provides qualified high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to develop skills and gain experience to apply for college or jobs.
Students who wish to participate in the High School Volunteer Program must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Pass a criminal background check
How to Apply
Students must complete the online application below. It may be best to prepare the written response in advance.
High school tutors are expected to tutor at least one session per week. Our tutoring sessions are on Wednesdays from 6:15 – 8:15 PM and on Sundays from 2:00 – 4:00 PM. Absences due to extenuating circumstances can be excused in advance.
Once an application is received, Mind Bubble’s cofounders will schedule an in-person interview with the student. The student will be required to bring their high school transcript to the interview or email it in advance. After the interview, Mind Bubble will notify the student of their status upon completion of the criminal background check, usually 2-5 business days.
Coaching and Development
When a student is selected for a volunteer position:
- The student will receive an orientation including Mind Bubble’s code of conduct and information about our approach to working with learners.
- The student will receive ongoing coaching and support from Mind Bubble’s staff and cofounders.
- We’ll do our best to ensure that students benefit from their involvement with Mind Bubble. In addition to developing students’ tutoring skills, we’re happy to provide letters of recommendation, references, and support in the college application process to tutors who are in good standing.
If you would like to apply for our High School Volunteer Program, please complete the application below: